This show will help you identify poisonous communication and toxic behavior. It will also help you unravel the mystery of emotional and verbal abuse, manipulation, narcissistic abuse and deception by revealing what so many people outside the relationship can't see.
Love and Abuse is the official podcast of The M.E.A.N. Workbook on emotional abuse and manipulation in relationships. Use this podcast as an addendum to the workbook to help you continue along your journey to regain your power and your life. You do not have to own the workbook to follow along, but knowing your M.E.A.N. score by taking the assessment will help you pinpoint the exact behaviors causing challenges in your relationship.
Plus, the workbook will give you a solid understanding of the state of your relationship and what steps to take next.
Emotional abusers can trick the world by being kind, caring and generous to everyone else but those they are supposed to love most. Let this show guide you through their confusing and often hurtful behavior.
*All content on this site and in the podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of a medical or psychological professional before making any changes that could affect your physical or mental health.
- When someone tarnishes your good name and reputation - The Smear Campaign
- If you leave me, I'll kill myself - The ultimate abuse of your empathy and compassion
- Being Loved Shouldn't Hurt - Coach and survivor Stephanie McPhail tells you how to take care of yourself in and out of the abusive relationship
- When you love the emotional abuser so much you won't leave
- Don't show them how crazy you feel and sharing custody with the emotional abuser
- Emotional Abuse explained for your friends, family, attorney, therapist or anyone else that may need to know what you're experiencing
- The toxic relationship alters your view of reality making you think your future is dark
- You can't fix emotional abuse, you can only heal yourself and hope they do the same
- How judgment in relationships destroys love and connection
- Identifying the signs of toxic or manipulative behavior while dating
- Have they really changed or are they faking it? Learning to differentiate between true change and acting.
- It takes two to build and one to destroy: The cheating partner works alone
- Are they for real: Is it all lies and deception or are you just going nuts?
- How isolation ensures you lose your friends, family and support system
- In love with someone that wants it both ways: Healing from the obsession over the unhealthy relationship
- Stopping the downward spiral of unhealthy communication patterns with self-reflection
- There is nothing you could have done differently, emotional abuse would have happened anyway
- How you enable manipulative and controlling behavior by being your wonderful self
- Yes, there are people that know how to control you and steal your power
- The narcissist under the hood - The difficulty of explaining emotional abuse to friends and family
- Are you with a manipulative person?
- The texts after the breakup: When breadcrumbing keeps you from reaching closure
- When manipulative people change your reality: Crazymaking and Gaslighting
- Confusing you into submission: A common manipulation you may fall for again and again
- Remembering only the good times can sometimes perpetuate the bad times
- Selfish people just don't really care about you
- Recognizing you are being emotionally abused when you don't see the signs
- When you're constantly defending yourself
- Are you the manipulative one?
- Watching out for emotional predators. Are you being brainwashed into becoming a manipulation or emotional abuse victim?
- The "You're too sensitive" game
- Don't dismiss the red flags of manipulation and deception
- Introduction: The show about unhealthy communication, emotional abuse and manipulation